Who doesn’t love sweet treats on Valentines’ Day?? This Betty Crocker Sweet Heart Cake is easy, ADORABLE, and oh-so-sweet. Challenge yourself to use the month of February as an opportunity for you to celebrate your loved ones!
This recipe brought to you by a fellow Mops mom, Karen, and Betty Crocker! Here’s Betty Crocker’s fancy rendition of it:
Karen says, “Since my house is split with chocolate lovers and vanilla I make a marble cake mix or red velvet and the kids get to decorate it.”
Ingredients for Heart Cake:
- 2 boxes Cake Mix of your choice (or, you can make your own from scratch!)
- Water, vegetable oil, and eggs
- 1 round 8 inch cake pan
- 1 square 8 inch cake pan
- 1 container frosting
- food coloring of your choice
1. Mix ingredients as described on cake box, in two separate bowls, then pour into your two greased cake pans.2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, or until a stick inserted into the center comes out clean.
3.Make sure you let the cake cool completely. Otherwise it will fall apart!
4. Cut the round cake in half and arrange on one of the square’s right angles:
5. Frost how you like, and enjoy!
What about you?
Do you have any Valentines’ Day sweets or desserts that you like to make for your family?